Tracy Reese Joined the Body Positive Movement for Spring 2017 #NYFW
Season after season, Tracy Reese‘s designs continue to blow me away. And her latest offering was no exception, as she gave us a wide variety of wearable pieces fit for every event on our schedule. With feminine silhouettes and dazzling prints taking center stage, I could easily see myself going from brunch to an office meeting with any pairing.
Once again doing away with the traditional runway presentation, guests arrived at New York’s Marble Cemetery for a chic garden party. Live music and violinists added to the outdoor setting. Everyday women including philanthropists, advocates, musicians, dancers and actresses, such as Sasheer Zamata and Kristi Henderson, posed alongside seasoned models, displaying an equally inclusive collection fit for all sizes and shapes. And get this? The collection ranges in sizes from 0 to 18 and X-small to 2XL. Love!
Here are all the deets for Tracy Reese’s Spring 2017 show:
Inspiration: Soft florals blended masterfully with edgy animal prints and menswear-inspired separates to help Tracy Reese create a collection that “channeled the beauty and strength of the feminine spirit.” Of her choice to include everyday women from all walks of life in her presentation, Reese said: “We wanted to really go a little deeper. At first I thought it would be half and half, but the women looked so great in the clothes, and brought so much to it…whether it was a full-sized figure or a more mature figure or a girl that’s just blossoming into womanhood. There were so many different ways to see the collection, and I loved what each woman brought to the clothing. It’s always been my mission to make every woman feel beautiful.”
Key Pieces: Blouses with floral and lace details, floral halter dresses, black and white floral suit separates, print sandals, rubber rainboots, see-through lace cami dress, tailored trousers, leopard print coat, dresses with trumpet hems, zebra prints, ruffled necklines, shoulder cut-outs and satin evening wear.
Who I Could See Wearing This Collection: Solange, Gabrielle Union, Sarah Jessica Parker, Joan Smalls and Michelle Obama
Check out more looks from the collection below:
Lead hairstylist Bok-Hee used Cantu Beauty products to create ethereal half up, half down styles complete with messy buns while also decorating models’ natural ‘fros with floral accents.
Get the look:
1. Start by working through a small amount of Cantu Wave Whip Curling Mousse to define the natural wave pattern.
2. Take a large section from the sides, top and crown area and loosely pull them into a messy half bun, using an elastic band to secure stands in place. Leave a few wispy pieces falling naturally along the sides of the face and nape of the neck.
3. Gently tug on the hair that is pulled back to add slight imperfections, then loosely pin the bun to head.
4. Spray Spritz Cantu Coil Calm Detangler to loosen and define the texture of the hair that is not in the knot.
5. Finish off the look with a few sprigs of baby’s breathe or a jeweled barrette.
Glamazons, what do you think of Tracy Reese’s latest collection?
Keeping It Fashionable,
Images: The Cut