#NYFW: Colorful Fur and Bold Prints at Tracy Reese Fall 2015
Tracy Reese‘s Fall 2015 collection was a study in unadulterated glamour. Their latest offering gave us pieces for every moment of our day, from mixed fur and knit outerwear perfect for braving the streets of NYC, to decadent statement pieces tinged in leather and sequins that would serve as ideal eveningwear.
With fog clouding the runway as June Ambrose and Misty Copeland sat front row, models stormed by in separates with a hint of ’70s style. The retro vibe was further cemented by the soundtrack as songs by Minnie Riperton and Aretha Franklin played before and during the show.
Here are the deets on Tracy Reese Fall 2015:
Inspiration: Reworking traditional African prints, Tracy Reese channeled the strength of an urban warrior princess for this collection. “We wanted the collection to feel strong,” she told reporters With tribal patterns and cool accessories (including Monster headphones and wide-framed shades), the collection included a bevy of rich textures and colors to showcase power and subtle feminine sex appeal.
Key Pieces: Sequin midi skirts, oversize knitwear, arm warmers, studded sweater dresses, oversize turtlenecks, crop sweaters, leather bombers, flared midi skirts, blanket ponchos, fur-trimmed coats, wide-framed sunglasses, metallic fringe dresses, platform oxfords, knee-high socks, high-waist wide-legged pants, front-pocket culottes.
Who We Could See Wearing This Collection: Michelle Obama, Gabrielle Union, Ciara, Lauren Conrad and June Ambrose.
Check out more beautiful looks from this collection:
Beauty: To reflect “color in motion,” celebrity makeup artist Sir Johngave models a wispy winged liner resembling a cat-eye using LaPrairie USA. Contrasting the graphic eye makeup, muted foundation and lips created a glowing effect.
Combining the Complete Salon Manicure’s Yummy Yam, Winter Sky, and Maasai Red, Tracy Lee for Sally Hansen opted for a splash of color with outline nail art in what she called a “modular intersection of colors blending seamlessly together.”
Celebrity hairstylist Bok Hee created a sleek, futuristic top knot. Get the look with these steps!
“A modern blend of ‘70s African style and futuristic elements set the tone for the Tracy Reese collection this season. While distinctive details such as print and the combination of layers came into play, the vision was to always keep the woman looking strong. The beauty look completely reflects this ultramodern vibe – the eyes are bold, while the nails are dramatic in design. With this in mind, I went about creating this linear, severe ponytail that perfectly complemented the overall finished look.”
1. Apply SheaMoisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Blow Out Cream to protect hair and add shine before drying.
2. Using a paddle brush, dry hair brushing away from the face, towards the crown of the head.
3. Massage SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Soufflé between hands and use to pull hair into a severe ponytail at the crown. Secure with an elastic.
4. Once secured, spray SheaMoisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair High Shine Glosser onto paddle brush and smooth the ponytail.
5. Combine SheaMoisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair High Shine Glosser and SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Soufflé in the palm of the hand and pull through the tail of the pony for intense shine and hold.
6. Wrap wire around the base of the ponytail and manipulate so that the wire sits in the center of the tail, unseen.
7. Twist the ponytail until it makes a tight rope with the wire in the center. Secure at the end with a small elastic.
8. Still holding the roped hair, loop it back to the base of the head and secure with bobby pins. This will create a loop with the hair that points in a diagonal away from the head.
9. Once firmly secured, twist the looped hair counterclockwise, creating a spiral effect.
10. Slick back any loose hairs around the face with SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Edge Treatment.
11. Finish by spraying SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist for hold and hydration.
What do you think of Tracy Reese’s Fall 2015 collection? Any pieces you can’t wait to wear?
Keeping It Fashion,