#NYFW Backstage Beauty: Rebecca Minkoff Spring 2014- Braided Updo
When the crowd wasn’t rocking out to the tunes of Janelle Monae at Rebecca Minkoff’s Spring 2014 runway show (Glamazon Jessica was there so more on that later!), they were soaking up glamspiration from the models’ easy, breezy pinned-up braids.
TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu drew inspiration for the look from an old photo of human rights advocate Bianca Jagger and the talented Mexican painter Frida Kahlo in Mexico.
Both ladies were rocking braided updos in the photo so Jeanie created a wearable, textured style inspired by them that’s purposely imperfect for a modern finish.
We don’t want to keep the glamspiration all to ourselves so we’re sharing step-by-step directions to help you get the look:
- Prep damp hair with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse and rough dry
- Create a messy zig-zag side part, from the hairline to the center of the nape and clip to separate
- From the heavier side of the part take another zig-zag section behind the ear and clip, to create three separate sections
- Back brush hair for texture and create a ponytail in each section, positioned behind the ear
- Tease lengths of hair and spray lightly with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray
- Create a 4-strand braid with each ponytail and fasten with an elastic
- Wrap braids around the top of the head, tucking the end of the braids under and fasten with bobby pins
- Finish with TRESemmé Fresh Start Color Care Dry Shampoo for a matte undone look
Make sure you have the following tools handy to help you get the look:
-Small clear elastics
What do you think of the look, Glamazons?