Get Your Hair Laid For The Holiday: 5 Glam Hairstyles with Tips from Edward Tricomi
Glamazons, the holiday season is upon us and as we get dressed to the nines for all the holiday parties on the calendar, I’m sure we’ll want our hair laid as well. Am I right?!
Edward Tricomi, co-owner of Warren-Tricomi Salons, and celebrity stylist John D. were kind enough to give up their tips for getting glamorous hair this holiday season. And trust me – the steps are easy to follow!
Get into five styles, spotted on our fave celeb Glamazons, that you can try in the comfort of your own home:
Braided Chignon like Kate Middleton
“This look is elegant, charming and surprisingly easy to achieve.”
- Begin by parting your hair where it would naturally fall
- This look is started with a very basic french braid at the back of the neck. Be sure to braid very loosely, this will keep the look modern and effortless.
- Once your braid reaches the top of your back begin to twist it into a bun. The bun should be more oval in shape as opposed to round and should sit right at the base of your neck. Secure with hair pins.
Products Used: “Kate has mirror like shine which makes her color look extremely rich. I recommend using a hair glaze to really bring out the shine and richness in color.”
Kate Middleton’s Half Up, Half Down Style
“Lady Kate kills it with this, taking a look that is sophisticated yet surprisingly simply to create. The off-center pin curls are unexpected, innovative and original.
- Start by setting your hair with a curling iron in large sections until your entire head is curled. This will give it a soft bounce
- Divide your hair in two sections from ear to ear across the back of your head
- Brush the top section straight back
- Take hair from your temple and pull it away from your face, twirling it into a pin curl and securing it with pins at the crown of your head, repeat with the remaining side.
Product Used: Use a blow dry lotion to provide humidity resistance, frizz control and protect the hair from heat styling.
Maya Rudolph’s Side Swept Waves
- To recreate Maya’s salon gorgeous style, spray each section with TRESemme’ 24 Hour Body Non-Aerosol Spray for volume and hold
- Use a small barrel curling iron for a strong curl pattern and curl small sections, gently pulling on each strand to loosen the curl
- Once completely curled create a deep side part and pull hair over one shoulder
- Gently brush through to create smooth waves and fasten with bobby pins at the nape of the to secure the style and spray TRESemme’ 24 Hour Body Non-Aerosol Hair Spray again to lock the style in place
Selena Gomez’s Faux Bob
- To recreate Selena’s faux bob, curl 1-2 inch sections of hair with a medium barrel iron
- The secret to make this style last is to allow the curls to set by securing each wound up curl at the root with bobby pins
- Spray hair with TRESemme’ TRES Two Non-Aerosol Hair Spray for a touchable look that will last
Leslie Bibb’s Top Knot
- To get Leslie’s modern top knot, start with TRESemme’ 24 Hour Body Blow Dry Lotion to provide long lasting body
- Roughly blow dry hair to add texture, curl with a 1-inch barrel curling iron and secure into a high ponytail at the crown
- Comb back the ponytail and twist hair into a loose top knot, securing with pins
Glamazons, will you be trying any of these hairstyles this holiday season?!