Get The Look: Florence Welch’s Boho Chic Braided Updo at the LACMA 2012 Art Film Gala
Hey Glamazons! The weekend’s almost here and we’re sharing a super-adorbs hair tutorial inspired by the boho-chic braided updo that singer Florence Welch of Florence + the Machine wore to the LACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala! Oh-em-gee not only was her hair an eye-catcher–she also stunned in a cobalt blue Gucci gown with a daring, plunging neckline.
But let’s get back to this fabulous hair that her hairstylist Nikki Providence created… I love it and I’m impressed at how easy it is to recreate. Don’t believe me? Try it out for yourself with this quick step-by-step tutorial straight from the brains behind this look: Nikki. Happy glamming!
- Begin with clean, damp hair
- Spray the Davines Defining Texturizer at the roots and the MELU Shield on the length of the hair. The Texturizer provides hold and volume, while the MELU Shield protects the hair from damage caused by styling tools.
- Blow dry the hair using a round brush.
- Apply a couple of pups of the Davines OI/OIL on the ends of the hair. This will condition the hair and protect it while in braids and add shine without heavy greasiness. Plus, it leaves the hair smelling incredible!
- Divide the hair into two sections and braid each side, beginning just above the ear.
- Wrap each braid across the top of the head and secure with pins.
One of the cutest parts of Florence‘s look were the gold chains that she incorporated into the style. If you don’t have any hair chains to decorate your hair with you can use old necklaces and bobby pins like Flo did in her coif!
You can shop the Davines products that Nikki used here.
The look can work for your more casual outfits too as demonstrated here by Glamazon reader Sandrine Charles:
Glamazons, are you feeling this glam boho look? Will you be giving it a try?