The 10 Best Instagram Photos from the 2012 Met Gala
It’s one thing to see the red carpet but it’s quite another to relive the 2012 Met Gala through behind-the-scenes photos taken by the celebs themselves. From Glamazons getting ready to naughty pics (ahem, Rihanna) inside the gala itself, here are our 10 favorite Instagram photos of the night.
10. Before the gala even started, Coco Rocha was busy getting ready and Instragramming for her life.
The bubbly model, who wore a vintage Givenchy jumpsuit previously owned by Elizabeth Taylor, was too excited to share her pink weave before she got her hair done.
Little did she know, she would start the first-ever pink hair trend at the Met Gala. We love her for that. – via Coco Rocha’s Instagram
9. Alicia Keys also got her hair laid before the big party and shared a picture of her beautiful bun and gorgeous jewelry as she made her way to the ball.
8. Zac Posen is the cutest designer in history so of course, we stalked his Twitter all day. And he didn’t disappoint, giving us a rare glimpse into the world of Met Gala prep from the showroom to the red carpet. He posted a stunning pic of his girl, Leslie Bibbs, during a fitting:
Isn’t she gorg? And Amber Heard giving fever on the red carpet in Zac Posen was equally beautiful.
Well done, Zac. – via Zac Posen’s Instagram
7. It’s the ROC! Kanye West may have been a bit camera shy (though we caught him on the red carpet here) but these gorg fashion girls held him down!
Model Brooklyn Decker, stylist Annie Ladino and Tory Burch publicist Esther Song threw up The Roc sign with the caption: “Thank you @kanyewest for bringing @brooklyndecker @annieladino and me together!” ‘Ye’s part of the in-crowd afterall. – via Esther Song’s Instagram
6. OK, this isn’t an Instagram photo (more like Twitpic) but here’s Azealia Banks, Alexander Wang and Rachel Zoe hanging out on the red carpet:
I love how Azealia, dressed in Alexander Wang, looks like a kid in a candy store at her first Met Gala red carpet next to veteran fashion folks. She even cried when she met Beyonce and tweeted about it. Cute. – via @RachelZoe
5. You can count on Rihanna to be free-spirited and bold no matter the occasion. After Rih and Lala learned they were sharing a table, they had an obligatory iphone photoshoot (of course). Rih snapped Lala‘s cleavage in her blue Zac Posen gown saying “Isn’t @Lala beautiful?”
Umm, isn’t her cleavage beautiful you mean? Rih quickly followed up with a picture of Lala‘s actual face saying “Oops, I mean isn’t lala beautiful?”
Honest mistake. LOL. – via Rihanna’s Instagram
4. Who could forget the moment when Beyonce shut the red carpet down (she was the last star to appear and yes, the photogs waited for a sight of her in Givenchy)?
3. Justin Timberlake, in his Tom Ford suit, and Jessica Biel in her pale pink Prada gown look like they’re walking down the aisle.
I’m living. – via Rap Up’s Instagram
2. Rihanna couldn’t resist giving a Michael Kors-clad Rick Ross a kiss on the cheek:
This is too cute! – via Rihanna’s Instagram
1. Stunning! Solange Knowles was serving in Rachel Roy and for that, she gets my best-dressed vote of the night (list to come!).
Brilliant! – via @TyTryOne
See more pics from the dinner and afterparty here:
Looks like fun! Which photo is your favorite? Tell us in the comments.