Get The Look: Beyonce’s Egypt Silver Cat-Eye Makeup on Tumblr!
Most of us dream about taking a trip to Egypt and taking glam photos but for Beyonce, that’s just another day in the life. The internet went crazy when the superstar launched a Tumblr account and shared intimate pictures from various facets of her life.
One of these snapshots included King B during a trip to Africa dressed in a white, silk frock paired with an intricate, layered necklace and a gorgeously beat face that screamed Cleopatra meets Sasha Fierce. (Glamazon Jessica and I cooed over how much we adore Bey’s makeup look.) Want to know how to make it your own? Follow these steps to help you get the look:
- Beyonce’s skin shines with a luminous glow. To emulate this, start by applying a moisturizer with SPF to a clean face.
- Next, fill in your brows using an eyebrow pencil or powder.
- For the eye look, start by softening your crease with a matte brown or eyeshadow color that’s a little darker than your complexion. This will help set the silver and black shadows and lessen the line of demarcation with the different eye shadow colors you use.
- Next, cover your lids with eyeshadow primer or concealer and let dry. Use either a white jumbo pen or neutral-colored paint pot to help the shadow pop once it’s applied.
- Now, apply silver eye shadow to the inner corner of the eye blending it toward the middle. Be sure to saturate your lids with the silver shimmer by patting the product on.
- Next apply a matte black eyeshadow to the final 2/3 of the lid working your way inward and blending it with the silver. You want to really saturate the outer corner with this dark shadow for a dramatic look.
- Take a stiff domed eyeshadow brush and dust the silver shadow into the inner corners of the eyes and to the inner 1/3 of your bottom lash lines.
- As you see, B is giving us an intense cat-eye look times a million. Too create a dramatic cat eye look use a black gel eyeliner and angled brush to line your upper lashline starting from the inner corner of the eye extending the line no more than 1/4 –inch past the outer corner of your eye. (This varies with each person’s face shape.)
- Next starting at the center of your lower lash line apply black liner going toward the outer corner and connect it to the line you created on the top lashline.
- Now, use the dome brush to dust the solver shadow along the waterline and make sure you blend it with the color in the inner corner of the eye, so that the whole eye is framed in color.
- Repeat on opposite eye.
- Add two coats of volumizing mascara.
- Use makeup wipes to clean up any fallout from the shadow, and apply concealer to the face where needed.
- Next, cover face in a warm, mineralized foundation. Depending on the amount of glow that you want your look to have you can use your exact shade, or you can go a shade darker.
- For a peachy-fulshed look like B, add an apricot-colored blush to the apples of the cheeks.
- Next, dust a sheer highlighting powder (just above the blush), and blend.
- Wrap up this beautiful look with a shimmery peach lipstick.
What do you think of this intricate makeup look? Is it something you would try?