WIN IT!: NP Glam Set PLUS How To Create A Fierce Daytime Smokey Eye
What woman doesn’t love a good makeup kit?! Personally, I’m obsessed with them. They’re perfect for busy people (such as myself) and even if you’re not so busy, they usually contain some pretty great shades in which you can create some amazing looks with. My latest and greatest makeup kit obsession? The NP Set from Napeleon Perdis! I recently received all of his Spring 2012 products and then Target reached out to me about creating a fun eye look for spring. There are actually two palettes in the collection, but I immediately gravitated towards the one called “Glam Set” because I knew I’d be able to create a fierce daytime smokey eye with it. (And who doesn’t love that!)
Here’s how I created the look: (Side note: Just in case you can’t remember all of this, directions are conveniently located on the back of the product so you have no excuse! hahaha)
1. Start with primer. I dabbed a bit of the NP Set Pre-Foundation Primer Makeup on both of my eyelids.
2. Line your eyes. I know that most people usually do this last, but I generally do it first because I like to smudge the eyeliner in with the shadow. One trick I like to do is line both the tops and bottoms of the upper lid. I’ve found that it really makes my eyes pop when I do this.
3. Next, I started with the lightest shade in the eye palette. Using my eyeshadow brush, I applied from the top of my lash line all the way up to my brow bone.
4. Then, I took the medium shade located beneath the light shade and (using a bit of a fluffier eyeshadow brush) applied within the socket of my eye.
5. Lastly, I used the darkest shade and applied along the upper and lower lash line. I also wet it and used it to line my eyes at the bottom before smudging in with the eyeliner I initially applied.
6. For the final finish, I applied a bit of the darker shade of blush along the apples of my cheeks and the sheer sparkly brown lip gloss on my lips.
Want to win your own NP Set? Just tell us your favorite makeup look to rock for spring and why in the comments section below!
*All product in this post provided by Target.