How To Create A Bold Blue Eye Look Like Keshia Knight Pulliam
Friday, July 8, 2011
Keshia Knight Pulliam
(aka “Little Rudy Huxtable” from The Cosby Show
) is all grown up and is giving me the blues – in a good way, of course! She spent the Fourth of July
weekend in New Orleans participating in the ESSENCE Music Festival
and I must say that I was rather surprised (but in a totally good way!) to see her rocking such a bold blue eye. LOVE!
Her eye makeup actually inspires me to step outside of my comfort zone and give blue eyeshadow a shot. (Because, as you know, blue can be a tough color to pull off .) If the color is too faint you’ll barely see it, and if you wear too much blue, you’ll end up looking like a 1970’s throwback (but totally not in a good way. EW.) Keshia got it just right and I say if she can pull it off, so can we!
Here’s how we can rock the blue eyeshadow look:
1. Prep the entire eye area with an eyeshadow primer.
2. Next, apply a matte, powder, blue eyeshadow over your entire lid.
3. For a bold, highly, pigmented look, wet your crease brush (with either water from a spray bottle or MAC Studio Moisture Fix) then dip into a royal blue eyeshadow and apply to your crease.
4. Use this same brush and eye shadow and apply a thick line along your top lashline
5. Blend a neutral brown slightly above your crease and up toward your eyebrow.
6. Highlight the brow bone using a shadow slightly lighter than your skin.
7. Take out your black eyeliner and carefully line your top and bottom waterline.
8. Next apply a strip of false eyelashes. Once your glue is dry, apply 2 coats of black mascara.
For your skin:
1. Prep the skin with moisturizer and then apply a foundation primer.
2. Conceal any dark areas or blemishes, then apply your favorite cream or liquid foundation and loose powder.
On your lips:
1. Apply a nude lipstick.
2. Finish the lips off with a clear, shiny gloss
These fabulous products will help you recreate this look:
So, are you feeling Keshia’s bold, blue eyeshadow? How many of you love this look just as much as I do and plan on rocking it for yourselves!?
View Related Posts:
[fbcomments width="600" count="off" num="15"]