GET THE LOOK: Toccara’s Super Fun Eye Makeup At The 2011 BET Awards
She may no longer be on America’s Next Top Model, but this is one gal who’s managed to climb the ranks of fame on her own. I’m talking about none other than the voluptous beauty Toccara, who hit the red carpet at Sunday’s 2011 BET Awards in L.A. rocking this beauty look that includes glittery teal eyeliner. LOVE! Let’s take a closer look at it, shall we?
As you can see, the bubbly Toccara is rocking light pink eyeshadow, the beautiful teal glitter eyeliner (which just so happens to match her teal sequined mini dress) and a rich, super feminine pink lip. Side note: I think her makeup artist made a great decision to only line the bottom of her eyes with the glittery teal shade. If placed upon the top and bottom, it would have been major overkill and could have quickly taken this beauty look from GLAM to SHAM. While this look is obviously great for the red carpet, I’m sure it will work even better for a fun night out! Here’s how you can re-create it for yourself:
- Always start with clear even skin. Apply concealer underneath of both eyes and to any dark areas. Then apply your favorite cream or liquid foundation and set with pressed powder.
- Apply an eyeshadow primer from your lashline to your brow bone, and along your bottom lash line.
- Then, apply a neutral, metallic cream eye shadow over your entire lid and up into your crease. I like to apply cream eyeshadows to my lid using my ring or middle finger, but you can also use a brush specifically designed for cream eyeshadow.
- Next, sweep on an eyeshadow one shade lighter than your skin tone along your brow bone.
- Now for the fun color! Apply a shimmery teal along your bottom lash line using an eye shadow pencil or shimmery teal liquid eyeliner.
- Next, line your top and bottom waterline with a black eyeliner pencil.
- Then, take a black liquid liner and line your top lashline.
- If you look closely, you’ll see that Tocarra is wearing false lashes on the outer third of her eye only. Take a pair of “corner” false lashes and apply on the outer third of your top lashes.
- Then, apply 1-2 coats of mascara onto the false lashes.
- Next, outline your lips using a deep, pink lip liner. Then fill in your lips with a lipstick that is 1-2 shades lighter than your lip liner.
- Finish the look off with a sheer pink lip gloss.
Here are a couple of beauty products that will help you to create the look:
What do you think of Tocarra’s sparkly teal eyeliner? Will you be rocking this beauty look, Glamazons!?