GET THE LOOK: The Dark Eyes and Matte Lips Of The Olsen Twins
It’s a beauty 2-for-1! Fashion moguls Ashley (in blue) and Mary-Kate (in the gold sequins) Olsen looked FAB at the 2011 CFDA Awards. Clearly, these two young ladies (who just turned 25…can you believe it?!) are not afraid to experiment with fashion or their hair and makeup.
Throughout the years, each have had their fair share of misses. Side note: remember those dreadful, multilayered bag lady ensembles?! EW. But these days their look tends to be more to hit the mark more often then not. I’m loving the dark eye and matte lip combo each rocked at the CFDA Awards. It’s very chic and sophisticated.
Dying for both girls’ looks? Then today’s your lucky day. I’m breaking them both down for you. Let’s go!
- Prime the skin with a foundation primer.
- Then, apply concealer underneath of your eyes and cover any dark areas or blemishes.
- Using a foundation brush, apply your favorite foundation over your entire face.
- Ashley’s eyes are super simple. Using either a black eyeshadow OR a black eyeliner pencil, apply along the top and bottom lashlines, extending slightly beyond the outer corner.
- Take a Q-tip or a smudge brush and blend the lines along both lashlines to create an intense, smokey effect.
- Finish the eyes with 1-2 coats of mascara.
- Apply a nude matte lipstick.
- Apply a dark metallic gold or metallic bronze eyeshadow over your entire lid. Then, apply the same shadow along your lower lashline.
- Take a black eyeliner and line your top and bottom waterlines. Then, using the same eyeliner, apply a thick blackline along your top lashline.
- Finish the eyes with 1-2 coats of mascara
- Add color to the lips by applying a nude plum lipstick. Mary-Kate’s
After you finish applying either look, spritz on MAC Fix for that dewy finish. You can find this (and other products to help you recreate both looks) below:
Who’s makeup do you prefer, Mary-Kate or Ashley? Or are you loving both!?